Will you be visiting the beach when you’re on holiday? If so, do you even know what you should pack? We have broken it down into the essential packing list for a trip to the beach.
You want to pack the right balance of things, you don’t want to pack too much, or not enough. Don’t forget you have to carry what you have packed down to the beach, so taking too much will make it difficult to carry. Not taking enough will mean you are ill prepared for the trip. To help you to pack the essentials, we have included a packing check list ready for your next trip to the beach.
Table of Contents
Packing list for the Beach
As you lay back and relax on a beautiful sandy beach, there are just some essential items you should pack when you hit that beach:
- Beach bag – You’ll need a good beach bag to carry everything you need for a day at the beach
- Beach toys – If you are travelling with children, they’ll want some entertainment. So, packing a few beach toys will keep them entertained for the rest of the day. A bucket and space, kite, boules set and a ball (football, beach ball, just to name a few) are just some of the things you could pack. There is so many more toys to name, but the choice is yours on what you want to take.
- Bag for the rubbish – Taking a rubbish bag is so important. It really isn’t pleasant sitting on a beach with rubbish everywhere, but most importantly it is bad for the environment and wildlife. Taking your rubbish home with you, or until you reach the next bin, is a must, and a separate rubbish bag will help contain the rubbish you collect.
- Sunscreen – Sun protection should always get packed, to prevent from sun burn and later health problems.
- Sun glasses – Sun glasses will protect the eyes from the bright sun.
- Book – While the children are entertained, you might want to be entertained with a good book. We would recommend a Kindle or an E-Reader, as they store thousands of books, saving paper. Alternatively, a physical book will do just the job.
- Shorts – Always take a spare set of clothes, to change into later in the day.
- Sun hat – Great for protecting your head from the sun.
- Towel – After swimming in the sea, you’ll need a towel to dry you off. A beach towel is great for covering up.
- Beach mat – If there’s no deck chairs, you want something to lay on to make a day at the beach more comfortable.
- Beach umbrella/small beach tent – During the day you may need to have some sort of shade, so a beach umbrella or a small beach tent would be great to take down to the beach. If you have small children, you’ll need some shade for them, which is why you should take a beach umbrella or small beach tent.
- First aid kit – With any travels, you should always take a small first aid kit with you. Why? Check out our post on what to pack in your travel first aid kit.
- Water – You and your family must remain hydrated at all times. Always ensure you have plenty of water with you for the day to remain hydrated
- Snacks/food – It’s a good idea to pack a light lunch or snacks. By packing your own food, it’s a great way for you to save money and eat healthy food. You should be relaxing, not walking the beach front looking for something to eat.
We love visiting the beach for the day, but we don’t want to be carrying too many items, nor do we want you to do the same. We hope this packing list for a day trip to the beach, has simplified it for you, knowing you’ll only ever pack the essential items, meaning you’ll have the best day at the seaside.
What have you got packed in your beach bag? Is there anything that you would pack but we haven’t mentioned? Let us know, with a comment below.
Want to read more articles like this:
Check out our posts on